February 25, 2014 1 Comment
Never before has it been so abundantly clear that our association’s programs and initiatives reach far beyond the borders of the United States. As our industry grows globally, so does its trade association.
Increasing our international footprint is evident in our ACES and PIES technology standards, Right to Repair Memorandum of Understanding victory, international trade promotion program, market intelligence, new international trade show partnerships, expansion of the Global Marketplace at AAPEX, and even in our “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign.
We have hired new staff with expertise in international trade and commerce, and organized an international task force of key staff. AAIA has hosted a number of foreign aftermarket industry delegations who are eager to learn first-hand about our industry and the association. Staff has been invited to make presentations by international organizations in a number of countries including China, Mexico, Panama, Brazil, United Arab Emirates, Italy, Germany, Belgium and others.
AAIA is increasing its presence in the global community in order to identify and promote international business opportunities for our members. Among our ambitious efforts are:
- Facilitating exchange with international automotive organizations;
- Identifying and addressing international policy issues relevant to AAIA members;
- Forging and maintaining relationships with U.S. and foreign consular and diplomatic corps;
- Providing additional market research on foreign markets; and
- Organizing trade and networking missions.
Grab your passport for AAIA’s journey into the global auto care industry.